Unity Picnic – Blendon Woods – Shadblow Shelter
We provide a main option for meat-lovers, vegetarians and vegans.
Please bring a picnic style dish to share, and your own non-booze drinks!
Sunday, August 10, 2014
Blendon Woods, Shadblow Shelter
4265 E. Dublin-Granville Road
Westerville, OH 43081
Shelter has a large double-grill, electricity, drinking water, a small grassy playfield, children’s play set and swings, horseshoe pit and ADA accessible restrooms.
Bring your friends and your family! This is open to the ENTIRE community regardless of gender identity and sexual orientation. EVERYBODY IS WELCOME!
Kids encouraged to come – and bring your hula hoops again!
TransOhio serves the Ohio trans, gender non-conforming and ally communities by providing services, education, support and advocacy which promotes and improves the health, safety and life experience of the Ohio trans individual and community.
Educate. Advocate. Support. Community.
We’re pleased to announce the return of the TransOhio monthly newsletter. It’s been a while and over the last several months (over the last 2 years really) we’ve been asked to bring it back! So, we’re bringing it back!
The calendar of events will being in July 2014, so, if you have an event you’d like us to include that’s happening, please send us the relevant information and contact details.
As usual, TransOhio is always accepting contributions for our monthly newsletter. Advertising is available as we’ve done in the past. Please contact us for details.
We’re interested in the following:
- poetry & short stories (fiction & non-fiction)
- reviews and narratives about workshops & conferences
- opinion essays
- coming out letters to family & friends
- photos & artwork (drawings, paintings, etc.)
- local and national workshops and events
- book and movie reviews or recommendations
- online resources
- trans-friendly doctors, services, support groups, counselors, etc
- GLBTQI identities in the Trans-world
- Partner/SO/SOFFA/Family/Ally experiences and observations
You retain your copyrights to your own work. Send your contributions by email to TransOhio at: TransOhio@transohio.org