Applicants can apply online at website at www.opers.org
Job Title: Mail Center Clerk I
Reports To: Office Services Supervisor
Department: Office Services
Target Salary Range: $10.53-$12.63 ($21,895.62-$26,267.21)
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Number of Positions: 1
Job Posting Valid: 3/30/10 – 4/6/10
Summary: Under direct supervision, performs a variety of Mail Center tasks. Primary duties include processing incoming and outgoing member and employer related documents and inter-office mail. Additional responsibilities and duties will be performed as assigned by the Office Services Supervisor. The hours for this position are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm – this position is not eligible for flextime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Ability to learn multiple internal applications to research member information and employer codes.
2. Open and time/date stamp and perform research on all incoming mail using the appropriate internal applications to prepare the documents for delivery to the Just in Time scanning department.
3. Identify and sort documents according to business rules.
4. Perform exception processing according to procedures.
5. Pick up and deliver inter-office mail to departments and pick up outgoing mail for processing.
6. Operate various office equipment including, but not limited to, postage machine, PC, package tracking system, microfiche reader and image scanner.
7. Perform regular postage machine maintenance.
8. Provide customer service, information and problem resolution via the telephone or verbally to internal and external staff, vendors, employers and members.
9. Check and verify information for accuracy and completeness alerting the Supervisor when necessary.
10. Perform related Mail Center duties as needed.
11. Perform fulfillment duties as needed.
12. Time/date stamp and deliver invoices for the administrative staff.
13. Sort and distribute incoming mail for the Investment staff.
14. Maintain a customer service-oriented work approach towards internal and external customers.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual needs to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Job Knowledge/Technical Skills: Possesses and applies current job knowledge and technical skills to perform specific duties within defined job responsibilities.
• Customer Service: Demonstrates commitment to OPERS Vision “…delivering responsive high quality service every time, all the time” through exhibiting an attitude of excellent service, ability to identify customer needs, use of thoughtful communication and willingness to resolve conflict. Attentive to the needs of both internal and external customers and OPERS Internal Customer Service Standards (ICSS).
• Productivity: Generates required level of work output while demonstrating department quality standards.
• Adaptability: Ability to embrace change as a necessary and desirable opportunity. Flexible in dealing with different viewpoints and people with diverse backgrounds.
• Problem Solving: Solves problems and makes business decisions to carry out job duties.
• Communication: Ability to express thoughts and ideas to others, both orally and in writing. Demonstrates commitment to OPERS Internal Customer Service Standards (ICSS).
• Dependability: Demonstrates reliability and instills confidence in the ability to carry out job duties.
• Teamwork/Interpersonal Skills: Builds and maintains working relationships with OPERS employees and customers. Cooperates with OPERS employees to achieve common goals while demonstrating core values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. One year of customer service or related Mail Center experience required. Ability to multitask and strong attention to detail required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Have an ability to react quickly in stressful situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be PC proficient, basic knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel preferred. Basic keyboarding skills.
Certificates and Licenses:
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times.
While fulfilling the responsibilities of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee is also required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
On occasion, it may be necessary for the Mail Center staff to work overtime in order to perform certain job tasks and/ or responsibilities that cannot be performed during normal business hours. Every attempt will be made by the Office Services Supervisor to provide advance notice to the staff when overtime will be necessary. However, there may be emergency situations or extenuating circumstances that warrant immediate and mandatory response for all of the Mail Center staff to work overtime as deemed necessary by the Office Services Supervisor.
Applicants can apply online at website at www.opers.org