The 2017 Ninth Annual TransOhio Transgender and Ally Symposium is now open for the submission of workshop and presenter proposals. Simply click on the tab above for the 2017 Symposium page and there you will find information and forms for submission of topics and workshop proposals. The Symposium is scheduled for April 28-30, 2017 at the Union on the Campus of Ohio State University. The dates are earlier this year so get your proposals in as soon as possible if you would like to present! Proposals are due by February 28th !!
There is separate page of the site now devoted to 2017 Symposium. Click on the tab for this page and there you will find out more information on the 2017 TransOhio Transgender and Ally Symposium to held on campus of Ohio State University at the Union on April 28-30, 2017. This page contains forms such as the workshop proposal submission form, request for topic form and the 2017 Sponsorship Packet for those seeking to sponsor the event including advertising and exhibiting at the Symposium and in the Program. Details regarding the host hotel are there and this page will be updated from time to time with speakers, presenters as well as events and activities and eventually the link to online registration and symposium schedules. It will be here before you know it!
No need to let the holidays go by without being with community and friends or being alone during this time if family has left you behind. Come join us this Saturday, December 17th for the TransOhio Holiday Party at Club Diversity, 863 S. High St. in Columbus. The festivities start at 7:00 PM and TransOhio is taking care of the food, appetizers and snacks. Everyone is on their own for beverages. however. Bring your family, friends, partners, special guests and allies. Let’s have some fun!
Below is the 16 page summary of the 2015 survey of the community and a full ( 302 page report) is available under the NCTE tab of the website.
TransOhio and its community partner Equitas have set up free legal clinics around the state of Ohio in the last part of 2016 and first six months of 2017. Please see previous post regarding same. Many times in our community, individuals lack financial resources to complete this important process in their journey. TransOhio has secured two grants and is seeking a third so that resources are available to such individuals to get this legal hurdle completed even if lacking in all the funds to complete the same. Below is the policy (please read prior to completing the application) and link to the application itself. Please complete the application and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope this development will aid our community in making this process a little easier. Again, if you need assistance in completing your paperwork for such process, contact Carly Edelstein@Equitashealth.com (Carly is legal clinic coordinator for Equitas) for assistance or attend one of the free legal clinics scheduled around the state to meet with counsel to assist you.
TransOhio Legal Documents Financial Assistance Application Policies
- Applicant must have completed Application/ Petition for Name Change either individually, through private counsel, through the assistance of pro bono counsel or use of Equitas Legal Clinic Coordinator or at one of the TransOhio / Equitas Legal Clinics and must have all paperwork ready to be filed with Court at the time of completing the application for financial assistance.
- Applicants may seek partial or full funding to complete the process.
- All such funds awarded by TransOhio must be used for the completion of the filing process for name change in your Ohio county of residence and/or publication of notice of hearing or driver’s license name an gender marker change through Ohio BMV.
- All checks issued by TransOhio for this process are made out to the clerk of courts or other similar county governmental entity of the county of residence of the applicant and /or the newspaper of general circulation required by the county for purposes of publication and notice required by the county to complete the application for name change process. No checks can be issued to individuals.
- Applicants must utilize the least expensive method of publication if offered a choice of publications in the county they are completing the process.
- Applicants must attend their scheduled hearing for name change set by the court.
- Applicants can only apply for financial assistance for this process one time. to-legal-clinics-fa-app